Rathjen Family

Rathjen Family
Rathjen, Party of EIGHT

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Southern Comfort


I learned a valuable lesson, taking a trip to Louisiana.  Here it goes….

Don't allow someone else's opinion to be your own.  Form you own opinion on your own experience.  Lastly, don't be to opinionated.  Allow others to form their own opinions.

It does not seem that deep, does it?  It seems rather simple, really.

Here in Colorado, I feel like most people believe the south is nothin' but hot, muggy, racial,  and full of bugs and creepy crawlies.  I just spent a week in there and this is was my experience...

I never got a bug bite.  I never saw anything scary, except some alligators and they were behind bars.  I loved the humidity.  My skin and lips felt fabulous.  But perhaps what stands out the most is the people.  They were truly wonderful.  The people down south are some of the most hospitable people I have ever met.  We felt so welcomed everywhere we went.

It was so much fun to drive southeast about 1,000 miles and experience a completely different culture.  There was one disappointment, but the pleasant surprises far outweighed the disappointment.  I am sure you are wondering what was so disappointing.  With as much clarity as possible I will say…

Racial Tension.  The blacks and the whites.  The stereotypes.  The bitterness.  It is still alive and well in the south.  Now, there were African Americans who smiled and called me "baby," but the majority choose to not even look our way.  Not being from the south, I was not expecting it.  I am used to there really not being a wedge at all.  The friends we stayed with work every day at "building the bridge."  They go, without hesitation into "Cotton's," the black neighborhood grocery store.  The man of the family, stops by "V-Baby," to get an occasional haircut.  Each time he enters, the place falls silent.  He pretends he does not notice.

I know there has been progress.  However, we need to pray for the southerners eyes to be opened and only see one another through God's eyes.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. All thanks to Dr. Imoloa if not for him I don't know what will have become of me today. I married my husband who was HIV positive like myself. We accepted it as fate since there is no cure. Two years after our marriage my life was torn apart when our family doctor diagnosed me of genital herpes virus I know it was from my ex whom I have dated years back. I became very worried because I don't know what will be my husband judgment when he finds out. I searched everywhere both on internet for cure but no success until my husband started suspecting but still he wasn't sure. I don't want to loose my marriage I prayed everyday with hope that there is a cure. I searched without rest blogs, websites, everything google says about herpes and cure and peoples comments one evening after work I was surfing the internet on herpes cure I saw a friend who was giving testimony on how DR. Imoloa have helped cured her of her herpes virus I immediately contacted her to confirm if her testimony was real. She told me it was. She also told me about African Herbs and Herbalist and Dr imoloa. She then gave me Dr. imoloa contact, which I contacted him immediately. He told me about his Herbal Medicines and how he has helped many people get healthy with fruits and vegetables and also cured many with his Roots and traditional Herbs, I was interested. He prepared and sent me Herbal medicine for both HERPES & HIV through DHL I used this medicines for both HERPES and HIV carefully as was prescribed by him for 1week and 4days without my husband notice. I waited for a month then went for medical test in a different hospital and I was both herpes and HIV negative I felt reborn. I showed my husband my result and told him everything including DR imoloa. He contacted DR imoloa who also sent him HIV Herbal Medicine. He used this Medicines for just 8days, then we both went to our family doctor who confirmed my husband HIV negative and me still negative. Our family doctor, Dr Paul is a good Christian and often advice his patients to use natural remedy. Based on confidential he do introduce some of his patients to DR imoloa for Herbal cure. If you are sick and want the right Herbal Medicine contact DR imoloa on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. you can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098. GOD bless you dr imoloa, you are really a great man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We offer top quality cannnnabis products, we have multiple strains available , buy concentrates online usa and even ask that your package be shipped discreetly ,there is a minimal fee for delivery within the state but shipment around the world has to be done discreetly .
    buy concentrates online use
    where to buy silk screen for hash
    trippy stick cartridges
    cannabis for sale
    key lime pie strain yield
    purple haze seeds for sale uk
    alaskan thunder funk weed

    alaskan thunder cartridge
    buy edibles online ship anywhere
    pure cbd crystals for sale
    buy shatter online cheap usa
    blue sherbet strain review
    hempotion

    pictures of sour diesel weed
    electric kush

    buy alaskan thunderfuck online
    diesel weed
    ak 47 aaa hybrid
    buy marijuana edibles online
    buy your cannabis oil

    phone/whatsapp/text/calls...... +31 97 00 50 34 579
    drricksin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete