Rathjen Family

Rathjen Family
Rathjen, Party of EIGHT

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nine Years





Nine years have gone by since I first looked into my daughters eyes. Nine years and about six months has passed since I first heard her heart beat. Nine years has flown by, not passed, since God sent her our way. Nine years! Wow. People say, "it goes by so fast." Oh, how right they are.



I look back and I think, I remember placing her in an infant seat so big it seemed to swallow her. I recall coming around the corner to a tiny little girl with a whale spout on her head, covered in lentils, smiling up happily at me from her high chair. I look back on the times she was not even tall enough to reach the door knob, and I think to myself, what if I forget? What if I forget all these little moments? Thank goodness for photos and video cameras.



Zoe Cadence has truly blessed us. She is bright and sunny, to say the least. She makes us laugh. She has an incredible heart, she genuinely cares about others and she loves with all she has.







As I watch her develop into a young lady, I get excited about the person she is becoming. She is eager to learn about different cultures and places. She wants to see it all and do it all, and she dreams big. I am excited to see what God has planned for her life.



We celebrate the last nine years with our sweet girl, and thank God for choosing us.



Happy Birthday Love.



Mom



Friday night she got some of her girlfriends together and they went swimming.

Then I brought them all to our home and they partied the night away, crafting, eating, and lots of giggling! I think they had a girly-girl good time!










1 comment: