Rathjen Family

Rathjen Family
Rathjen, Party of EIGHT

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rance Turns Five!!!

To know Rance is to love him. Like any kiddo he has his moments, but overall, he is a very lovable guy. The Lord blessed us with him five years ago, today.

He came into the world a healthy 7 lb 4 oz, 18.5 inch sweet baby boy. He grew like a weed and by the time he was 4 months, he weighed 14 lb! We had a chunky little monkey on our hands.

Then at 7 months old, he got some immunizations, and things went down hill from there. The night of the shots his leg looked terrible. It was swollen and blotchy. He did not feel well. The saddest part of this story is, it was a year before he felt good again.

After multiple visits to the doctor and naturopath, it was concluded; this child cannot handle immunizations. Pneumoccal prevnar is the shot we believe had the effect, but we will not be taking our chances.

We hit bottom one summer day when he was a year old and now weighing only 15 lbs. We had spent the morning in the doctor office watching them attempt to draw blood for the 4th time, from our dehydrated, weak, crying child. I left that day with an exhausted, scared baby, and I was in worse shape then him. We went strait home. As I was walking in the door, the phone was already ringing. It was the doctor, letting us know we needed to turn around and bring him back in. His white blood cell count was 24,000. Not good. Diseases like cancer swarmed my mind.

He went through two sets of injected antibiotics, and was still not much better. We were new Christians. The thought crossed my mind (which now I believe was the Holy Spirit) to have him put on a prayer list, and annointed with oil. I had recently heard a sermon about this.

James 5:14 says this:

Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up.'

It was after this, we began to see healing in our son.

This my friends, was our first, real testimony as Christians. I can look back now and see the Lord working in my life long before, and I know He continues to carry us, each one of us.

To this day, you can still see the blotchy patches where the shots were given.

We feel so blessed our sweet boy is healthy and full of energy! I am grateful for the healing Jesus does in us, and for each day he allows me to be his mama.

Happy Birthday my brown eyed boy. I love you to the moon and back!

Blessings,

Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment